Wednesday 12 October 2011

New portrait painting - Day 4

Did some more work on my latest portrait painting. To see the history of this painting click the step-by-step tag at the bottom of this post. This time I worked from photographs as the model sessions have finished. Main thing was to correct the drawing - in particular the far eye (too large) and the neckline (too low) and reduced the sauturation of the background. There's a little too much space around the head (if it was a photo I would crop it slightly). It may be OK when in a frame, or alternatively the canvas could be removed and put on a smaller support (although I've never done this). Other way is to put a bit more interest in the background - maybe just some variation in colour and tone. Still a bit more to do on this - I want to capture some of 'intelligence' of the look in the original drawing.

No comments: